Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Q and A With Associate Pastor Jerry Goff

What do you do here at WBC? (What are you responsible for)?
Initially my responsibility was to carry the responsibility for the Youth Ministry. As time progressed the ministry took off and I began to recruit paid interns to assist in the demanding needs of our student ministries. This allowed me to take on the ministry of providing biblical counseling and life coaching. Over a year ago I sought a replacement for my position as a youth pastor and transitioned to Pastor of Small Groups and Family Coaching/counseling. The responsibilities continue to grow as our needs continue to expand!

How long have you been here?
I began serving WBC 4 years ago this past June.

Becoming mature is the second element of the mission of WBC. As the associate pastor how do you see the becoming mature part of the mission in action? Becoming mature is an on going process. To grow we must find a way to begin the discipline of growing in our understanding of His Word. Some can do this independent of a program. But many need a support. This would move one to the next step of getting involved in a small group/home group.

What steps should people take this school year to help them accomplish the Becoming Mature Disciples part of our mission?
The steps that everyone in our church should take needs to begin with finding a way to be in the word! I am personally challenging myself to be in the word more; prayer more and sharing the Gospel always!

No comments:

Post a Comment